Saturday 23 November 2013

Entry 12



It is finally the last chapter of the semester and I must say, we have ended it on a good note! Throughout this whole journey, I have learnt a lot from the module. Initially, I only knew what the Internet was and it was for me to go online and do my research or just surf it during my pastime. 

After this module, I was opened to who was the creator of the web, who is none other than Mr Tim Berners-Lee himself. During the first week of lesson, we learnt about the Internet Protocol (TCP/IP)and how it was helped to serve us people. 

In the beginning of the semester, I remembered Mr Choy asking us to do a simple survey on what we knew about the Internet. In it contained several aspects to what we have covered during the semester. I remembered vividly that of all the topics that were covered, I ticked "E-Commerce" as something that I was not too clear about and would love to learn more about it as we progressed into the module. Before the lesson, I thought that E-commerce had to do something about the internet and how organizations tap onto the Internet to do their business. But, to my surprise, it was not just about that. Hence, during the course, I looked forward to that chapter being covered and when it was finally covered, I finally knew what E-commerce was and how it was actually a growing industry, aiding many organizations out there to prosper. Also, when we had to do a blog entry about E-commerce, I decided to write on how to succeed in the E-commerce industry. It was quite interesting topic to do because I wanted to know how these businesses worked and what made them so successful! And because it was not covered during lecture, it was a good opportunity for me to research and write a post about it. 

Also in this module, we had to get into groups and pick a topic to present and it has to be linked to the Internet. My group mates and I had a unanimous decision on settling with "Online Dating" because it was a topic that we learnt in a previous module that we did. Hence, we had a brief understanding on the topic. However, though we had resources to refer to, we had to do more research on the Internet because what was covered very vague and we wanted to go more in-depth into Online Dating. After much struggle, we managed to pull through with the help of resources found on the Internet as well as real-life examples that we knew of. These sources really helped in guiding us through with the presentation details. It was fun while it lasted!

Learning about the Internet was surely not something that I was looking forward to in the beginning because I felt that it was a topic that was irrelevant to my major. However, I was wrong. Knowing what the Internet provides and the various measures about being secured on the net, was something that was extremely relatable and crucial. I honestly felt that I have indeed gained more knowledge than I had expected before this course. I am glad that I was able to have the opportunity to be in this class and many thanks to Mr Choy for being so patient with us throughout the semester! With all that I have said, it is time to bid our farewell and lastly, ALL THE BEST FOR THE FINAL PAPER!!



No comments:

Post a Comment